Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Good Stuff There Maynard

If I took drugs, or medications of any sort on a daily basis, which I don't, today would have been a day where they were working, working exceptionally well. If they did exist I would call my dealer/doctor and let him know: "Good Stuff There Maynard, can I get some more?"
Hello productivity.
It could be the pressure that I put on myself because I'll be 30 in less than a week, or it could be because I went on a date last Friday, and I felt like I didn't measure up.

  • I still live with my parents.
  • I have a degree, that I'm not using.
  • I'm not as fit as I would like to be.
  • I don't make a whole lot of money.
  • AND I don't produce in the studio at a rate I am satisfied with.
The list could go on, but those are the big things I would like to change in the next year, and I kick myself every time I miss an opportunity because I was too busy playing catch up.  Like this:

Landlord does not check email. PLEASE CALL!!! Cute loft apartment on acerage with a lake. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom. Renter responsible for utilities. Please call ***-***-**** or ***-***-**** 435.00 per month

The apartment is in the picture below. It is in the far right part of the house shown with the patio

  • Location: Fennville
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 2image 3


Really, that's my price range here people. 

But truthfully I like living in the basement minus the ability to waltz around the house in the buff all the time, or not being able to blast the stereo as loud as I would like at 3AM. On second thought that is an attached rental, so it may not be so perfect after all. Gonna keep riding the free train a bit longer.

But, no really, I was productive. I spoke with admissions counselors at two schools today. Oh yes, that is the plan, more schooling. Because having dropped out of college three years ago wasn't enough. This time if I go, I'm committing to all 2 years of the program. Oh, you know it... huge commitment. 

It's crazy 2 years feels like an unfathomably long time, but considering I think of 6 months as a long term relationship and haven't held the same position at wherever I'm employed for more than 16 months in I can't remember how long ( I go up, I go down, I go sideways, but I am never content with the status quo) 2 years is a really long time, and the sooner I can blast through classes the better. The last 18 months I spent with my parents is the longest I've had the same address since I graduated high school.

But I'm going back to school. I can swing the costs, and it is time to *sigh* grow up. To get a 9 to fiver and join my friends in the world of responsible adults. 

Not only am I going back to school I'm also applying for a part time job, that could turn into a full time job, that would mean working  in my current degree field. Are you confused yet? 
I have a degree circa 2003. In zoology, zoo & aquarium science specifically with a specialization in ethics.
I went back for a second degree  in Studio Art from 2006-2008 then dropped that to go the autodictadic route.
Now I want to go back to school again for a job where I can actually draw some bank. I would graduate in 2014, at the decrepit old age of 32. 

But yes, I am now at a point where I am looking at working 2 jobs (and substitute teaching, maybe? So three jobs? Which, if the conditions are right, I'll be dropping my current job and possibly the substitute teaching) and going to school full time and I'll still be pressuring myself to increase my output of paintings and printing, and and and I just found a way to keep working with alternative photography processing. So if you want to come organize all this for me, or to yell at me to just keep going, let me know. 

I have a chance to breath again in 2014. I might as well plan on cancelling my gym membership in 2012. 

No comments: