Monday, December 15, 2008

Lesson #1

I'm posting my lessons from this year, before I post my resolutions. No, I'm not too pretentious or lazy for resolutions. This isn't the most important lesson, but it's the most obvious, and the one I need to remember everytime I go to the bar.

If the relationship has any negative connotation within the first month or so, leave. Walk away. Don't look back. Delete his number.
If he shoves you, leave. Walk away. Don't look back. Delete his number.
If he yells at you, leave. Walk away. Don't look back. Delete his number.
If he won't get up and take you to urgent care when you have a potentially deadly infection, leave. Walk away. Don't look back. Delete his number.
If he slurs and can't complete a sentance fragment, leave. Walk away. Don't look back. Delete his number.
If he drinks and doesn't come home at a reasonable time (we're talking after 2:30 am), leave. Walk away. Don't look back. Delete his number.
If he doesn't love your cat, or at least fake loving your cat, leave. Walk away. Don't look back. Delete his number.

You don't need someone to be miserable with.

No comments: